Tuesday 25 March 2008

Shah Shah!

Soon doubtless to be filed under "Spoke too soon", I just thought I'd put up a quick post to celebrate the completion of my first academic paper. It's already been reviewed, this was just me responding to their comments, in addition to trimming the paper to the editor's increasingly far-fetched demands for brevity. I may have it back at some point if spell-checking sets bells ringing, but seriously, how hard is it to spell inhomogeneity, anyway?

It's not a very good paper, in truth, although I'm reliably informed that it will read better to the economists who read it than the mathematicians that wrote it, but it does mean that I will soon no longer be working towards being a published academic, I will be a published academic, albeit one with only a single published work which a lot of people think is a bit shit.

No comments: