Saturday 21 June 2008

Shameless Self-Congratulation

Got hold of my Japanese results for the year on Thursday. I didn't do as well as last year, but I still came in over the 80% mark, so I can now confidently say I can speak Japanese at an elementary level. Since I can't possibly afford the intermediate classes (which are fully twice as expensive as the beginner's class I took in 2006), I shall probably have to leave it at that for a while.

Still, nice to know I can stutter out meaningless platitudes and basic directions in a country I cannot possibly afford to go to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done you. See if you can make the department pay for a conference trip over there or something.

Of course, now you have to keep practising so you don't forget it all before you can take the next level classes.