Thursday 19 June 2008

Variations of Perspective

Fatherhood, it seems, changes the make-up of the male mind. Having found that Kellogs has begun marketing edible Lego bricks, Penny Arcade's Gabe immediately thought:
I just spent the first three years of my sons life trying to get him not to eat blocks, and now you're telling him they taste like fucking strawberries.
Which, I guess, is a reasonable response from a concerned parent.

My first impulse was slightly more reptile brain, though:
I'm going to use these things to build me a gun and then I'm gonna eat it!
Whether or not this immediately disqualifies me from procreation, or whether my thought processes will shift somewhat after the hypothetical arrival of Ric Junior (shut up! That will be his name. His middle name will be ) remains to be seen.

No comments: