Thursday 3 July 2008

I Can't Decide

This is one of those stories that is so utterly bizarre that I genuinely can't make my mind up about which way to go on it.

Fox distorts pictures of NYT journalist/editor.

The journalist in question had the audacity to reveal that FOX's ratings are going down fairly badly.

At first I thought this was just pathetic and childish, the sort of thing you'd expect a thirteen year old to doodle in his French textbook.

Then I looked at how FOX had altered the pictures:



and it began to remind me of something. Now, dog-whistle links like "New York Liberal" notwithstanding, I did wonder if I'd read too much into it, but Needlenose made the exact same link.

So, like I say, I can't decide. Horrendously immature, or low-level bigotry?

Perhaps that should replace "Fair and balanced"?

No comments: