Tuesday 29 January 2013

International Pride

Obviously, I heartily endorse this ad campaign, not because I fear an influx of Eastern Europeans, but because hating oneself is a great British tradition, and the sooner our new citizens get some practice at that, the better.

That said, I think Mr Nathan Page has the right idea: why just complain about our own country, when we could try and persuade people to head elsewhere instead?  France is a fine shout (though personally I'd have plumped for "If you want to be fire-bombed by racists, why bother crossing the Channel?"), but we could easily extend it to, say, Belgium:


Spain:


or even Germany:



I tried coming up with one for Italy, too, but nothing sprang to mind. "With pizza this good, who cares about endemic corruption and national insolvency?", maybe?

No comments: